Find your voice. Empower yourself.
Your voice is the one and only instrument that is a part of your physical body. It is a part of who you are and is unique to only you. It is meant to be nourished, cherished, and celebrated. It is the outward reflection of your mind, heart and soul.
What if you could use your voice to empower yourself through the outlet of music?
I believe voice lessons are much more than just the study of voice techniques and warmups to learn to sing better. Music is an expression of the soul. Singing is the outward expression of thought, emotion, and feelings. Through singing we can connect with authentic ourselves and others in a very real and beautiful way.
Voice and piano lessons are available in my home studio at 2913 Village Square Dr. Dover, PA 17315 on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays between the hours of 4:30 and 8pm, Thursdays between 4:30 and 6pm and online through Skype, FaceTime, or Facebook Video Messenger.
Voice lessons are available for beginner to advanced students ages 8-adulthood.
What I teach:
- A relaxed singing technique which promotes no tension and a relaxed larynx .
- Proper breath and abdominal support
- Complete vocal chord connection. (No vocal chord manipulation!)
- Smooth transition between chest and the bridges of the voice (otherwise known as the mix and head voice)
- A comfortable forward vowel placement that is modeled after how we speak
- Physical body relaxation techniques to promote a relaxed sound
- All styles of music (this technique does not limit the types of music you can sing)
What is included in lessons:
- One on one instruction time for a half hour on a weekly basis (I do not offer every other week as I feel consistency on a weekly basis is very important) Lessons can be online via Skype, FaceTime or Facebook Messenger OR in person.
- Unlimited access to the website/online portal that will give you online resources such as downloadable vocal warm-ups, educational videos and resources, and the ability to log practice hours and take notes.
- All songs, sheet music, supplemental materials
What you will need bring to lessons:
- A notebook or folder which will be used to keep a record what we did in each lesson and so you will know what to practice! (You may also keep one in the notes section of your phone or record your lessons)
- Any music we are working on
- For monthly lessons, each student will receive an invoice at the beginning of each month. Payment is due at or before the first lesson.
- Pay per lesson students will receive an invoice before their lesson and are required to pay their invoice before or at the time of their lesson.
Please fill out the lesson contact form to inquire about voice lesson availability.